Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

99 dodge caravan part identification

Visiting Guest

09-07-04, 08:03 PM   #1  
hornetman
99 dodge caravan part identification

Help, I have a 1999 Dodge Grand Caravan Sport with 3.3 liter engine. There is a part under the hood I'm trying to identify. Behind the radiator on the left hand side near the battery is an empty black plastic box which has something to do with the air intake. The box has a large void in it maybe 1/3 the size of the battery itself. I thought this box was where the air filter was located and I broke it open. The air filter is below this box. I need to replace this part but am unsure what it is called. Are there any parts schematics sights on the web that would help me identify the part?

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

OH

09-08-04, 01:32 PM   #2  
I looked at the owners manual on a '99 Voyager and they don't show a name. If you go to the dealer, they will know what you are talking about. Basically, the air filter box.

Visiting Guest

09-12-04, 12:35 AM   #3  
joecamel75
If the part that you broke is attached the vehicle with two bolts in front of it and it is inline between the air filter and the throttle body then it is called a air cleaner resonator. I am a chrysler technition so I have access to the part number, however it gives me 4 different numbers for the different motors so I will give all of them
4612 511
4612 948
4861 055
4861 057
I do believe that the correct one is the last one (4861 057 ) but I will need your VIN to tell you for sure. You can call any Chrysler, Dodge or, Jeep dealer in your area and ask them as well.
Good Luck

Search this Thread