97 Ford f-150 tire problems

Old 09-08-04, 12:29 PM
w.davis
Visiting Guest
Question 97 Ford f-150 tire problems

I just bought a new set of tires and had them balanced and installed.Now my truck pull to the right rather heavly.My question is what could have caused this to happen.
The truck steered perfectly befor installing the new tires.

Sponsored Links
Old 09-08-04, 12:38 PM
are the tires the same size as what was originaly on the vehicle?
if the tires are taller it can affect the vehicles alignment and you may need to have it aligned generally it is an alignment issue anytime the vehicle is pulling one direction however a brake that is sticking would also cause the vehicle to pull.

Old 09-08-04, 12:44 PM
w.davis
Visiting Guest
tire problems

As far as I know the tires are the same size as what came off.The Goodyear dealer said that they were the replacements for the Wrangler series.

Old 09-08-04, 04:14 PM
Originally Posted by bejay
are the tires the same size as what was originaly on the vehicle?
if the tires are taller it can affect the vehicles alignment and you may need to have it aligned generally it is an alignment issue anytime the vehicle is pulling one direction however a brake that is sticking would also cause the vehicle to pull.
If you've checked everything Bejay has suggested, then try swapping the tires from left to right and see what that does. If the pull goes away or changes sides, you have a bad tire. Radial pull is not real common on a new tire but is very possible.

Old 09-16-04, 05:33 PM
w.davis
Visiting Guest
tire troubles

Thank you for your help and comments.I had the alignment checked and it was out of alignment.Had that taken care of and now it drives properly.Thanks again for your help.

Old 09-28-04, 08:37 PM
wtfdissux
Visiting Guest
was wondering what tires were on the truck and what was put on by goodyear as a replacement ( i work for goodyear) to my knowledge the wrangler line has not changed in several years some additions but no discontinued just curious not a reall big deal also there is such thing as tire pull as was suggested the tires may not pull if switched to other side or may pull to the opposite if this happens rotate to rear and be warned if you rotate to rear the dealer does not have to replace when your rotation is due and the problem starts all over the best thing to do after you find out about a tire pull problem is to replace the offending tire/tires

Old 10-01-04, 11:08 AM
w.davis
Visiting Guest
tire troubles

I am not sure exactly which line of wrangers were on the truck,but now I have fortevas.even after the alignment it stills pulls a little to the right,but nothing like befor.