need advice on A/C

Old 09-11-04, 06:34 PM
need advice on A/C

I need some advice I have a 2003 Toyota Matrix with 32 thousand miles 1.8L engine.I made a 3 hour trip today and it was kinda hot so I used the A/C it was working well.
I stopped about 2 hours into the trip to get some food when I started to go again I noticed that no air was coming from the vents.I fiddled with the controls switching between defrost feet etc turned it off and on nothing happend.
Finally I shut it off and left the fan on for what it was worth and rolled windows down.
I stopped again and noticed air coming out again like it should I turned on A/C and it worked I drove the rest of the day no problem.I want to take it in for warranty but it works again.What should I do I do not trust it and it might mess up again.

Sponsored Links
Old 09-11-04, 10:41 PM
well you should take it into the dealer and explain the problem to them there may be a tsb on the problem and it may be something that they may have had problems with. there is one listed on all data that looked like it could be worth asking the dealer about tsb ac002-03 that has to do with the a/c and no airflow from the center vents if it is applicable to your model.

Old 09-12-04, 05:01 AM
Make sure the service advisor understands your problem before you leave the dealership.If possible explain the problem to the technician they feel will be doing the job.That way it doesn't get lost in the translation.Trust me it happens alot more than it should.Service advisors don't always ask the right questions and give the required info to the tech.

Old 09-12-04, 05:37 AM
There is a TSB for a harness with a different thermistor to prevent the evap from freezing over under those conditions.

Old 09-12-04, 06:26 AM
Good advise

Thanks to all for the good advise I will take it in Monday and explain what happend.I will also ask to talk to the tech so he knows what is going on.
I believe you when you say the service advisor sometimes does not relay the correct info.
The one at my dealer is a young girl that I think does not know anything about cars.All she does is write down on a piece of paper what the problem is.
I think they should have a ASE mechanic there to meet you a guy that knows cars if you know what I mean.
I will let you know on the outcome eitherway.I think it might be that thermister like Larry the Toyotaman says but I need it fixed before the next hot Texas summer.

Old 09-12-04, 06:29 AM
You have a PM