Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Birds be damned

Visiting Guest

09-12-04, 09:07 AM   #1  
stillwaiting
Birds be damned

Two weeks ago I bought a 2003 white Subaru Forester. It was in just about perfect condition, inside and out. I have a garage, but my previous vehicle was a 1994 Ford 4x4 pu which wouldn't even fit in there (older house w/small 1-car garage), and my garage had gotten filled up w/junk. So-I had to park my "new" car on the driveway under a big pecan tree. Yikes.

The birds let loose. I cleaned off the solids at the car wash and by hand, and the surface is now completely and totally smooth to the touch. HOWEVER, somehow, there are still reddish-brown irregular blobs, dime-sized to quarter-sized, left on my white paint.

I have tried the following:
regular car exterior wash - no effect
car wax - no effect
rubbing compound (used sparingly and lightly) - no effect
peroxide - no effect
seltzer water - no effect
alcohol - no effect
household bleach - MAY, or may not, have lightened it a tiny bit.

Does anyone have any ideas other than re-paint?? How can the surface still be perfectly smooth, yet the stain got down in there? It looks like it's sitting under the clear coat, on top of the paint. Weird.

THANKS FOR ANY SUGGESTIONS.
Diane
Austin, TX

Sponsored Links

09-12-04, 10:37 AM   #2  
Try your local auto store for "Clay Magic". It is a system that may work. It will not harm the surface.

If not bring it to a professional detailer.

Visiting Guest

09-13-04, 07:25 AM   #3  
stillwaiting
Thanks Toyotaman-

I bought some Clay Magic yesterday (Sunday) and when I get home from work today I will try it. I will post results as soon as I have them. Thank you for your response.

Search this Thread