help... dont know how to fix it...

Old 09-13-04, 07:53 AM
medicalexaminer
Visiting Guest
Question help... dont know how to fix it...

i have a problem guys. i am leaking from one of 2 hoses and i can figure out what they are called. i have a 1993 grand prix, and if you go by the intake manifold and next to the thermostat, in between them is 2 hoses that carry fluid to and from the engine. i pulled on off last night and it looked fine but somehow when i rev up the engine fluid squirts and then stops. the hoses arent more than 3 or 4 inches and have 2 clamps on each. does anyone know what i could be talking about? please help this concerned woman trying to save money by fixing her own car..... help

Sponsored Links
Old 09-13-04, 09:47 AM
sounds like...

...the little hoses that carry coolant to and away from the throttle body

assuming you are talking about a coolant leak...the other thing that those are bad for is the heater hose connector...which is a steel line going into a quick connect type fitting...but if you already had it off and messed with it...it's most likely a throttle body hose

Old 09-13-04, 09:52 AM
medicalexaminer
Visiting Guest
Wink thank you carguyinva

thank you so much for replying and helping me out. that sounds like what it would be called. there doesnt seem to be any holes in the hose, but, it is cut at an angle and seems to be somehow getting out. should i just buy a new hose and put it on? does it need to be at an angle? i am still determined to fix my own car... lol thanks alot carguyinva!

Old 09-13-04, 09:55 AM
my recollection is....

...that they are molded hoses so,plain old hose will kink when you try to bend it into shape. check with your local dealer...or you may be able to remove them and take them to your local parts jobber and match something up

ps...it's ok to trim the length to fit...most hoses don't perfectly match what they replace anyways...good luck