were is my clutch???

Old 09-17-04, 07:37 AM
colin
Visiting Guest
Exclamation were is my clutch???

1997 chev-s-10 5-speed 100681 od : yesterday the clutch was tight,just like all the days before,"today!"today,i have little w/no pedal almost to the floor! don't know much about car's . but if the clutch was going out should it come with a bit more notice? thank you!

Sponsored Links
Old 09-17-04, 07:48 AM
Wink

Not sure but think you have a hydraulic clutch there. look for a leak are your out of fluid.

ED

Old 09-17-04, 01:12 PM
no clutch

I'm not a mechanic, but maybe i can give you some advice. You probably do have a hydraulic clutch, therefore you MAY have lost hydraulic fluid. Check your owners manual for the location of the reservoir, and check to see if it is low. Another possibility ( over 100,000 miles), your clutch may have completely worn out. Unlike mechanical clutches which you can adjust everytime it needs it, hydraulic clutches are self-adjusting. Therefore all the while, it may have been adjusting itself as it wore down, and now it is COMPLETELY GONE. Also, look for hydraulic (brake fluid) leaks under the car------or even on the floor mat on the drivers side. The leak could be right where the clutch pedal goes through the firewall. Good luck!