Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

93 custlass sierra - fuel filler neck

09-19-04, 11:25 AM   #1  
93 custlass sierra - fuel filler neck

Does anyone know of any website, or store, other than the dealer, that carries fuel filler necks??? I installed a new gas tank on my 93 oldsmobile cutlass sierra s, 3.3L this weekend, and had to cut off the 12" rubber fuel filler neck. I've been to 2 napa's, home depot, aubuchon hardware, and have tried several web searches to find a suitable replacement. I can't even find some place that sells rubber hoses rated for gasoline. I even searched acdelco's website. aarrggghhh!

Sponsored Links

09-19-04, 04:16 PM   #2  
Many autoparts stores carry fuel filler hose. It is sold by the foot and is not a molded hose and will not bend much. Find yourself an experienced counter man or the store manager to help you. Many countermen are not aware of those hoses, even though they stock them. They are stocked by the diameter of the hose, generally in fractional inchs, such as 2", 2 1/4", 2 1/2", etc. They are rated for gasoline and sometimes purchased by tractor owners that need a really large radiator hose. They are easy to spot if you are permitted to view the stock yourself because they are the largest diameter hoses, and thickest walled hoses that are stocked. They can be expensive, perhaps $5 to $10 a foot.

09-20-04, 04:58 PM   #3  
Thanks lugnut. I'll head back to Napa sometime, when I know one of the more knowledgeable people are there. and just an fyi to anyone else out there changing gas tanks on one of these - one of my friend's dad own's a shop, and he checked with his GM distributer. .. a new filler neck is 229.00!
That's more the twice what I paid for the tank. Make every effort to pull the filler neck off w/out cutting, or otherwise ruining it.

Search this Thread