Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Bleeding sequence on a 89 Prelude????

Visiting Guest

09-21-04, 04:41 AM   #1  
Salmonslammer I
Bleeding sequence on a 89 Prelude????

A friend of mine has a blowen caliper on the RR side of the car and I 'm stuck fixing it....Thing is.... I never work on hondas!!!

What order must the brakes be bled out in??
Any quirks that I need to be aware of???
Is it worth going out and buying a power bleeder for this job???

Iam so not looking forward to this!!!

Sponsored Links
Group Moderator

FL

09-21-04, 05:02 AM   #2  
Did it lose sufficient fluid that he pumped air into the lines? If not, you should be able to replace the caliper and bleed just the one.

General rule is you start farthest from master and work to closest, rears then the fronts.

Does it have ABS?

09-21-04, 11:16 AM   #3  
I agree with what tow guy said, and no power bleeder needed.
Don't be intimidated if you have not worked on one before.
As a rule I find Hondas much easier to repair than domestics. Parts usually last much longer, things come apart easier, etc. For most items I would rather work on a Honda compared to most other cars.

Visiting Guest

09-21-04, 01:15 PM   #4  
Salmonslammer I
Thanks for the info gents....

I got the old one off today (only busted 2 bolts) and got the new one on order....

She did suck air into the system so I'll have to bleed the whole shebang.....buzzkill. Hopefully I can get the other bleeders open....Gotta love that MI rust.....NOT

09-21-04, 07:54 PM   #5  
Posted By: Salmonslammer I Thanks for the info gents....

I got the old one off today (only busted 2 bolts) and got the new one on order....

She did suck air into the system so I'll have to bleed the whole shebang.....buzzkill. Hopefully I can get the other bleeders open....Gotta love that MI rust.....NOT
When you are all done wipe some grease aroung the bleed screws. It will help prevent them from rusting and breaking off the next time.

Search this Thread