power window problems

Old 09-23-04, 07:51 PM
power window problems

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix 4 door. The front passenger window stopped working. Then one day it worked again. But that was the end and it hadn't worked since for months. I finally decided to take a look. I have power to connector that goes into motor (power for both up and down and from both switches) So I figured it was the motor. I took it apart, cleaned brushes, etc with dremel polishing cloth and electrical parts cleaner (actually brake cleaner-they are the same and it is cheaper!) Seemed to work, but few days later, nothing. I decided to just buy new motor. When I separated motor from regulator, the motor seemed to work fine. So I put it back together and it is working-for now. Could it be problem with regulator not moving freely and binding the motor? Is there something I can put on the cables that run from housing near motor to the regulator? Some kind of friction reducing substance, maybe cable lube for motorcycles? I am debating whether to TRY to get dealer to let me return motor since I just bought it today and it has not been used at all. Or does this sound like a bad motor?

thanks
Bill

Sponsored Links
Old 09-25-04, 11:50 PM
wayne141
Visiting Guest
switch. take a pair jumper wires off battery, hook directly to motor, and see if motor runs, then reverse polarity. if that works too, its one switch, you r losing the ground.