Dodge check engine codes

Old 09-29-04, 10:43 AM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Dodge check engine codes

Hello again everyone! I hope you all have had a great sumer. I'm back with my latest truck issue. It's only been 5 months since I got to dump a grand into this truck for the AC and electrical issues, and now the check engine light is on.

I made a few stops over lunch and one guy I talked to showed me how to get the code by flicking the keys/power on and off 5 times rapidly, and then counting the flashes. It returned a code 43, which I looked up on the 'ole internet and found this:

43 Peak primary coil current not achieved with max dwell time
OR
43 Cylinder misfire
OR
43 Problem in power module to logic module interface

So, does anyone know if retrieving the error code this way is accurate? Also, do those explanations mean anything to anyone?

Thank you for your opinions,

Scott

Old 09-29-04, 06:13 PM
S
to update, I just replaced 4 bulbs in the tail light and cargo light harnesses, and then unplugged the battery for 90 minutes. Put the cable back on, fired her up, drove out a bit, and the check engine light didn't come back on.

maybe it was just a misfire?? the plugs/plug wires and caps were all replaced around 70k, when it was stalling due to snow that melted and got the stuff wet. It's at 117k now, so plugs are a good idea. Depending on what happens with the light tomorrow on my long drive to work, maybe I'll get lucky.

And maybe monkeys will fly out my @$$!!!!!!

We'll see. Take care, gentlemen.
Scott

Old 09-30-04, 05:24 PM
Hi Scott
I can't remember what year your truck was but if it is 96 or newer, you'll need a scan tool to get and erase codes. If it's an older one, then your system should work. If it's the newer OBDII version, Auto Zone will scan it for free. Just don't buy anything from them without posting the codes here first and getting some advice.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: