Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

1992 Caprice Spedometer

Visiting Guest

10-05-04, 08:45 PM   #1  
doubleg3747
1992 Caprice Spedometer

I have 1992 Chevy Caprice with a police package. It has a 5.7 Liter engine with an automatic transmission. It has 286,000 miles on it and is still going strong. Last week the digital spedometer did not come on several times when I started it. It was an intermittent problem for a few days, then it went back to normal. Yesterday it went off and has not come back on since. Since it was off and on, I ruled out a fuse. I wiggled connections under the dash, but could not tell if I found the one that belonged to the spedometer. I would appreciate any suggestions on where to start looking for the problem. Thanks!!

Sponsored Links

10-06-04, 02:52 AM   #2  
If it does not light up at all and is otherwise blank when it is acting up it is usually a problem in the instrument cluster that requires you to remove the cluster and ship it off for repair.
is the speedometer the only thing on the dash not working?

Visiting Guest

10-06-04, 08:08 PM   #3  
doubleg3747
There is a problem with the other gauges, but that circuit blows a fuse. That problem occured a time before this popped up. So as far as I know, nothing else is affected.

Search this Thread