radiator hot

Old 10-04-04, 09:43 PM
marl13
Visiting Guest
Cool radiator hot

I have a 98 Dakota Sport I replace the belt and a water pump also the termostat but the car still overheating very fast I flush the radiator and I add new colant but still overheating does anyone know something about it.

Old 10-05-04, 06:39 AM
K
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Tell us what the sequence of events here is. Did it overheat before you changed all the stuff? Tell us the behavior of the truck, and what it takes to make those things happen. aka: "It overheats when I sit in traffic with the AC on, or It overheats when I turn the key and sit in my driveway for 30 seconds"

Old 10-05-04, 08:54 AM
marl13
Visiting Guest
radiator hot

Originally Posted by kuhurdler
Tell us what the sequence of events here is. Did it overheat before you changed all the stuff? Tell us the behavior of the truck, and what it takes to make those things happen. aka: "It overheats when I sit in traffic with the AC on, or It overheats when I turn the key and sit in my driveway for 30 seconds"
The truck was fine until one day my wife call me that something wrong with the car is was smoking and at the panel control the light check gauges my wife say the wheel drive was hard to stering on any side,I dont know how she can move the car to a parking lot.When I get there I add clean water to the reservoir and I notice the belt drive was loose and atach to the fan.
I take it off and I put the new,we drive back home and we notice the indicator of temperature was reading to hight.
The next day we turn on the car and we drive for 5 minutes and a noise coming from the engine or something ,my brother in law say the water pump is broken we replace it for a new also the termostat new colant,but still over heating in the 5 minute period drive or without.

Old 10-05-04, 01:40 PM
K
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
I'm having a real hard time reading your english. Truck/Car, "...or without"

But, If am understanding it: it sounds like you have a clog if you already replaced your water pump. Is the belt still turning the pumps when you start hearing the noise? If one of your pulleys is locked up still, it will not turn the water pump. Also, make sure theres no air in your lines.

Also, if you're overheating: don't run your A/C, roll down the windows and turn your heater on (full heat). I know it will be hot inside, but its better than replacing an engine until you get this fixed.

Old 10-05-04, 02:48 PM
D
You need to have the vehicle checked for combustion gases in the cooling system to find out if you cracked a head or have bad headgaskets.Also check for coolant in the oil.

Old 10-05-04, 09:48 PM
marl13
Visiting Guest
radiator hot

I change the oil and filter 2 days ago ,the radiator got a leak when the engine is runing ,the heater is workin I believe the radiator need to replace
I hope that solve my problem oh do you think that a relay (engine fan) could be.

Old 10-06-04, 03:57 AM
D
Check the operation of the cooling fan and then read my post above this one.
If you have a head gasket leak you can spring a leak almost anywhere else in the system.

Old 10-07-04, 10:43 PM
z999
Visiting Guest
You lose power steering and the car is hot, the fan belt is loose. That would affect the alternator, water pump and power steering pump ?

The belt was smoking, and the water pump failed - my guess is the water pump bearings seized and the belt kept turning around, hence the smoke. And then you would lose steering pump power and electrical power.

Check to see first that all the radiator hoses are on tight. Does the radiator suck in water from the overflow tank ? Can you see any bright green coolant on the outside anywhere ? What do the hoses look like ? (Sometimes they can split if they get too hot)

Old 10-09-04, 09:59 AM
RRice
Visiting Guest
Boil out radiator

When engine is cold,start up and let run for 5 minutes.Turn engine off, unhook postive battery cable and check all areas of radiator,Any place there is a cooler section is clogged up and needs to be boiled out at a radiator repair shop.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: