'87 Lincoln Mark VII - Driver Side Door Lock Problem

Old 10-09-04, 10:45 AM
frankswsj
Visiting Guest
'87 Lincoln Mark VII - Driver Side Door Lock Problem

I did a very foolish thing !!! I had been having some diffulty with door lock on this side getting harder and harder to go down - finally it would not go down at all - either manually or with electric open/lock inside door or with key. Passenger side door remains OK. So, I started fumbling around with locking mechanism on the door and moved one or two of the gear type pieces, and then, the door would not close and latch. After more fumbling, finally got door to half-latch. But then could not open the door from either inside or out of the car. Should have left well enough alone. Can anybody help this Boob ?

Sponsored Links
Old 10-10-04, 04:59 AM
You may need to take the pass side door apart for reference.That should show where the parts need to be.Just don't start taking stuff apart inside that door.It would be impossible for someone to know what you have done wrong with just a description and not seeing the problem.

Old 10-10-04, 09:10 AM
89LSC4ME
Visiting Guest
Try www.lincolnsonline.com All you even wanted to know about Lincolns.

Old 10-11-04, 07:13 PM
frankswsj
Visiting Guest
'87 Lincoln mark VII - Driver Side Door Lock Problem

I want to thank the 2 people who reponded to me so quickly. In particular the reference to 'lincolnsonline.com' site was most helpful - they gave me 4 replies. after trying several ideas given, the job became too big for me to handle - so i went to a body shop and they were able to get my door to open and close again in a matter of minutes and best of all at no cost to me -so i gave them a great tip. the lock still does not work - but don't care - just won't lock the car. My thanks again.