blower motor resistor on 97 f150

Old 10-10-04, 08:22 PM
dustyoldme
Visiting Guest
blower motor resistor on 97 f150

antifreeze level is good , new thermostat , no leakage from heater core, heater core hoses are both hot. but yet i have no heat at all , blows cold like the air conditioner is turned to max is it the resistor on the blower gone and how can i tell?

Sponsored Links
Old 10-11-04, 01:10 AM
if the blower motor is blowing air on all speeds there is nothing wrong with the resistor.
sounds like you have a blend door problem or for some reason the blend door is stuck in cold position.

Old 10-11-04, 07:51 PM
dustyoldme
Visiting Guest
Originally Posted by bejay
if the blower motor is blowing air on all speeds there is nothing wrong with the resistor.
sounds like you have a blend door problem or for some reason the blend door is stuck in cold position.
thanks bejay do you know where the blend door might be found and how would i get it unstuck?

Old 10-12-04, 02:28 AM
not sure where the blend door is located on this model or how it is controlled may be vacum or electric actuated some even use a cable but I would doubt this would have a cable, suggest you see a shop for diagnossis as it could be several things causing the blend door not to work.