need help

Old 10-12-04, 07:09 PM
need help

I have a '99 pontiac boneville and the reservoir tank for the coolant empties pretty often, check for liks but couldn't find any. Please help me out if you have any ideas what could it be. thankyou.

Sponsored Links
Old 10-13-04, 04:20 AM
You most likely have an internal upper plenum leak.If you remove the pcv valve and it looks like pudding is on it the plenum is probably bad.Remove the throttle and the gasket and probe the center oval shaped groove with a pick and I think you will find a small hole.You need to replace the plenum if this is the case or repair it with a kit that can be hard to find.

Old 10-13-04, 02:57 PM
Mr. Davo

I found a lick where the throttle is, I took it off and replace the rubber gasquet that is between the throttle and the motor and that stopped that lick, after that I flush the cooling system and fill the reservoir tank, it was ok for a couple of days but after than i checked it and the reservoir tank was empty, I checked the lick that I found and was ok and I couldn't find anotherone, someone told me that thas was normal if you use the air conditioning but I'm not agree with that, What do you think?

Old 10-14-04, 04:12 AM
It is not normal to lose coolant at any time.I really suggest you check it as I described before the engine hydrolocks and won't start at all and you need six new plugs to add to the parts list.You will not see the leak I'm talking about because it's inside the plenum and you are burning the coolant.