Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

98 Dodge Caravan won't heat

Visiting Guest

10-14-04, 04:50 PM   #1  
nascarfamily
98 Dodge Caravan won't heat

I have a 1998 Dodge Grand Caravan with 110,000 miles, and a 3.8l V6 engine. About 3 weeks ago, it wouldn't switch between vent and defrost. I tore it apart to try to find the problem, and in the process, it quit heating (the AC isn't working either). The blower continues to work fine. The LED's on the AC and the recirculate work. The rear wiper/defrost on the same control panel works also. I sent the temp control in to be rebuilt, replaced it, and still nothing works. Any suggestions on what I should look at next?

Sponsored Links

10-17-04, 01:51 PM   #2  
I think there is a way to reset the climate control head but I don't remember how.It involves pressing and holding certain buttons but I don't recall which ones.Try calling the local Chrysler/Dodge dealer for details,I would think they would tell you.Tell them you are a tech from a local Ford or Chevy dealer working on a used car.If they help you tell them thanks you will return the favor when needed.If not let me know I'll call one and try.

Search this Thread