99 maxima problem

Old 10-15-04, 11:27 AM
Question 99 maxima problem

my 99 maxima failed emmision test and was told that their equipment was not communicating with my car to see what the problem is. I would have to drop car off for further testing. I noticed oil pressuire gauge flicker on the way home and had oil changed. Two hours later the oil guage still flickered especially in Idle. I am concerened, car runs fine and has 120K. Any suggestions.

Sponsored Links
Old 10-15-04, 04:31 PM
Originally Posted by aabbassi
I noticed oil pressuire gauge flicker on the way home and had oil changed. Two hours later the oil guage still flickered especially in Idle. I am concerened, car runs fine and has 120K. Any suggestions.
Yes, take it in and have it checked like they suggested. Those are 2 totally different problems. The oil pressure may be the result of them using a lighter oil in an engine that's nearly worn out or it may just be a faulty light.

Old 10-17-04, 11:28 AM
Question oil sensor 99 max

I was told by a mechanic to put an oil treatment opil in case to see if light would go out. I put in Mystery Oil and light now is almost always on. I have a 94 max in my drive way, can I use the oil sensor from that car to try in 99 max, or are they incompatable?

Old 10-17-04, 12:39 PM
The oil pressure needs to be tested with a hand held pressure guage to confirm the actual pressure.The lack of communication at the test facility could be their equipment and not the car.Obd 2 test equipment in my state is not very reliable and many vehicles fail to communicate.The software is compliant with state regulations but is flawed in my opinion.Did you fail because of lack of communication or readiness status.I'm also curious what state you are in.

Old 10-18-04, 08:45 AM
emmission failiure

Car failed the emmission test in Pa. The computer he was using was to figure out why it failed, I guess to diagnose what part has to be replaced. The oil pressure problem is seperate.