Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

problems with dodge ram

Visiting Guest

10-16-04, 09:26 AM   #1  
90dodge
problems with dodge ram

hi all, newbie to this forum. i got a problem with my 1990 dodge ram d250. every so often i put the key in and nothing, lights radio and everything go on but it wont turn over. jiggle the key around a little bit and eventually it will start. tthen yesterday was driving around and it stalled while driving. just a clear cut like when you pull off a coil wire, no stutter or anything. oil light came on so got out checked the oil oil is fine. started back up and she ran great......till it happend bout 2 hours later. same deal.
could this be a bad ignition switch? i was thinking NSS at first but that dosnt explain the stalling.
thanks
andy

Sponsored Links

NC

10-16-04, 09:50 AM   #2  
Yes, it definitely could be the ignition switch. You might want to go ahead and replace it since it is intermittent problem and a simple test may not uncover that.

Be careful when driving as you don't want to lose the power brakes and power steering at the wrong time if the engine should cut off.

Visiting Guest

10-16-04, 10:16 AM   #3  
90dodge
haha yea, i drove my cherokee w/o power brakes for almost 8 months, u get used to it fast, and power steering....ever drive an 86 f350 with a 460 and a blown pwr steering pump to 30 miles to get it fixed? makes a d250 seem a hell of alot easier lol. but yea i do plan on replacing just wanted to make sur this could be the problem.

NC

10-16-04, 12:49 PM   #4  
I demand the luxury of working power brakes and steering...I'm spoiled LOL I think I'd have to call the tow guy for the 30 mile trip!

Search this Thread