Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Gasoline Smell

Visiting Guest

10-17-04, 05:17 AM   #1  
dirtgood
Gasoline Smell

I have a 1998 Isuzu Rodeo with an intermitant Gasoline Smell. Shows up about every other day. The engine other wise seems to run fine.

Unfortunately, the Rodeo is not having the problem when it goes to the mechanic, so they are not sure where to start. Anyone have some ideas as to what might be causing this?

I like the vehical, and hate to trade it in, but the gas smell is hard to live with.

Help!

Dirtgood

Sponsored Links
Group Moderator

FL

10-17-04, 05:59 AM   #2  
Question:

When you fill up the gas tank, do you stop at the first auto cut-off or do you normally squeeze more gas in?

10-17-04, 01:43 PM   #3  
This is easy if it happens every other day leave the vehicle for 2 days so they can see what is happening.Then they can folow the fuel smell themselves or with a emission tester tracking the hydrocarbons.I think it would be easy to find from stains some where due to the fuel leak.Maybe you should take the vehicle to some one that has a smoke machine that will show the leak right away.

Visiting Guest

10-24-04, 05:29 AM   #4  
dirtgood
Problem solved

My mechanic found it. It was a loose clamp on a fuel supply line in back of the engine. Clamp was replaced with a diffent kind of clamp. No more smell. Cost to fix was minor.

Thanks

Search this Thread