Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Weird stuff in Toyota land!

10-18-04, 02:20 PM   #1  
Weird stuff in Toyota land!

I have a Toyota 1999 Tacoma 4X4 V6 TRD.
Today I decided to get things ready for winter, so I put in a new battery, spark plugs ($65.00 for six, ouch) which are the Denso titanium tip recommended by Toyota as the best. Drove the truck about 90 miles when I remembered I had a New can of injector cleaner that I had not used. Up to this point it was running great!
I have never used injector cleaner in this vehicle (80,000 miles). I was dead on empty so I dumped in the injector cleaner and filled it up at a "Sheet's" (no water in gas problem there). The place is extremely high volume.
After the truck sitting for about an hour I started to drive . It was like an old lady you are stuck behind, it just didn't want to move, like there was a 3000 lb weight in the bed. As I drove home, approximately 30 miles it started to get a little better! What gives? Open to ideas?
Changeling

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

10-18-04, 05:53 PM   #2  
splashchris
Sounds like your injectors got clogged with some of the residue from running low on fuel. A great source of Toyota related info, with vehicle specific forums, is Tundra Solutions. There's even a forum for your Tacoma. Here's a link to the forums: Tundra Solutions forum

Good luck. There is a great deal of knowledge on that site. I used to own a Highlander and it was an excellent resource.

Chris

Search this Thread