break job for 95 Honda Accord

Old 10-23-04, 07:12 PM
prw
Visiting Guest
Angry break job for 95 Honda Accord

I have my car in the shop (95 Honda accord) for front and rear break job. Nothing fancy, just replace pads and turn rotors. The "national" chain I have it at says this car can accept ceramic (high cost) pads and the total job will be well over $500. Seems excessive. Am I getting ripped off?

Old 10-23-04, 08:15 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
That sounds a little excessive, but we dont know what all your "brake job" includes. If you are needing rotors and/or drums replaced then this price may be well within fairness.
Hope this is helpful to ya,
Billy

Old 10-24-04, 03:36 AM
That's too much for just pads and resurface. Ceramic pads are a good idea but shouldn't increase the price more than $30 per axle.

Old 10-24-04, 07:55 AM
T
Unless you have an on-car lathe the procedure to resurface the front rotors on that car is very long. The rotors will need to be pressed out, the bearings replaced. You might as well replace them rather then turn them.

Old 10-24-04, 09:41 AM
Originally Posted by trinitro
Unless you have an on-car lathe the procedure to resurface the front rotors on that car is very long. The rotors will need to be pressed out, the bearings replaced. You might as well replace them rather then turn them.
Forgot about that. That will add a couple hours to the ticket.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: