91 Honda Accord help

Old 10-21-04, 08:21 AM
1mystik
Visiting Guest
Unhappy 91 Honda Accord help

91 Honda Accord EX
I recently put a 91 LX motor in my EX. Now i'm getting sensor erros. I still have the EX header on the car so the O2 sensor is in the rear. I have a LX and EX sensor. The EX sensor gives me a code 41, 43, 1 in the car. And the LX O2 sensor is giving me a code 1 only. The ECU in at this time is the EX I also have the LX ECU both are for a manual 5spd. OK well my problem is this then at between 1700-2000 RPM's i get a stutter from the engine. And also the codes 41, 43, 1 have come up. I desperately need to figure out what it is I need to fix.

Sponsored Links
Old 10-21-04, 02:32 PM
Are you 100% positive all the grounds are connected?If the distributors are the same swap them and try again.The crank sensor is in the dist I think and I remember many problems with them.The dist usually clicked when it was bad.Did the problem start right after the swap?What are the differences in the 2 engines?

Old 10-21-04, 04:19 PM
1mystik
Visiting Guest
Unhappy

davo I thought the same thing with the Distributor at first so I out in one that had new parts and still the problem persist.The block is grounded properly, but to make sure I will re-install the ground strap kit I had on the previous engine. I have some of the body wires conected already just need to do engine point straps. The problem started after I put in some fuel system cleaner. But I have since then put in a new Fuel filter to rule that out as being the culprit.

Old 10-21-04, 04:44 PM
Reconnect every wire before you go any further.Grounds are extremely important.You can fry parts by not having all the wires connected.