F-150 Oil Change

Old 10-22-04, 06:05 AM
RLVoumard
Visiting Guest
F-150 Oil Change

Went to the 10 minute oil change shop for a engine oil/filter change in my 97 F150 5.4. Noticed a 7th qt was charged for at 3.90. I ask about this this and was told FORD V-8 take 7 qts ?? My info has allways listed 6qts with filter change.

At 3.90 per qt I guess I would be selling all the EXTRA QTS I could.

THOUGHTS anyone

Sponsored Links
Old 10-22-04, 02:49 PM
Your owners manual should state all fluid capacities.I don't know how much it holds but I've had owners of GMC Envoys complain about being charged for 7 qts and I politely tell them if they have not been using 7 qts at an oil change they are running the engine 1 qt low and refer them to the owners manual for the vehicle.

Old 10-22-04, 04:13 PM
RLVoumard
Visiting Guest
The owners manual states "6" qts INCLUDING OIL FILTER. I also called the local FORD DEALER and got the same answer. I was hopping that other F-150 owners might has some insight.

Old 10-22-04, 04:30 PM
Sounds like you need to call quickie lubes manager and complain.Most of the time the people changing your oil at the quicky shops know nothing and I would be impressed if they could spell their own name.

Old 10-22-04, 04:36 PM
I don't go to any of these quik-lube places anymore since one of their clowns told me he would have to remove the grille on my pick-up to change a parking light bulb.
I believe these places are the training grounds for wannabe technicians and the inept. just my opinion.

Old 10-22-04, 08:36 PM
See if the level is over full. If so demand they drain to the correct level. And refund for the extra quart that they charged you SYNTHETIC OIL price for!!