Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

2002 Mercury Villager Power Window

NJ

10-23-04, 06:54 AM   #1  
2002 Mercury Villager Power Window

I have a 2002 Mercury villager Sport and am having a problem with the drivers power window. It goes down fine but when you try to bring it up, it goes about 3 inches and the motor stops. I then have to grab the window and pull it up while using the power button. I notice while I am pulling it up that it is making some grinding noises. I have taken the door apart and everything looks OK to me. The only thing that I could think of was to maybe grease the track but I didn't know if I should or what to use.

Any ideas?

Thank-you
Sal

Sponsored Links

10-24-04, 06:09 PM   #2  
these are famous for the gear on the window motor to free spi you may need a new motor

Visiting Guest

10-24-04, 06:48 PM   #3  
stmcdaniel
I have had this problem on a few older cars and in the three cases I encountered the motor was going out. The grinding is most likely the motor making noise as you pull the window up and the motor is fighting.. or you are making the gear jump. Try adjusting the track and maybe some gear grease on the track and gear... but in the end I had to replace the motor all three times. Goodluck

Search this Thread