1985 Honda accord carb help

Old 10-23-04, 03:30 PM
bricktour
Visiting Guest
Question 1985 Honda accord carb help

I have an 85 Honda accord that we put a new carb on and it idles fine, but it stalls out a 3,000 rpm and feels like it has a govenor on it. Only when going uphill and at 65 mph it starts to lurch. This thing has about 20 vacuam hoses on it and it is driving me bat****.
Any help or suggestions from any mechanic out there would really help!!!
Thanks Jeff
Any info please contact me at [email protected]

Sponsored Links
Old 10-24-04, 07:44 PM
I wish you luck. Mid 80's Hondas have pretty complicated carbeurators plus all the vacuum lines. Many Honda specialty shops won't work on them around here. I had an 85 civic into 2 different dealers that both had the factory tech people trying to help. I even had Honda paying the tab for a long out of warranty car because no one could fix the problem and they never did figure it out !!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 10-25-04, 08:31 AM
stmcdaniel
Visiting Guest
Had a 84 Honda and it had what I like to call the to brass flutes and the hose web - This all connected to the BLACK BOX OF VACUUM mystical land. First thing I did was remove the flutes per say and made sure they were clean then I replaced every bit of vacuum tube with new (did not leave one old piece in the car no matter how good it looked) and double check all connections per vacuum diagram sticker under hood. That solved my issue. So many lines to cross, leak, etc... Just be slow and double check then you can rule that out and go on if it still has an issue.

Old 10-25-04, 12:53 PM
try the basics...

fuel filter...fuel pressure and if it's not that...measure the exhaust back pressure