Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

No heat in my 97 Grand Am

Visiting Guest

10-30-04, 03:53 PM   #1  
Leafs
No heat in my 97 Grand Am

Last spring I broke down in the middle of no where. My heater core went. The tow truck took me to a mechanic who changed it. I realized I had no heat and took it back, they told me that they put in a new heater core, but since I changed the last one myself and messed it up it would cost me $1200 to fix it. I explained I bought it new and never changed it, they we the first to change it. I found out later an apprentice worked on it & they are taking no responsibility. I notice when I move the gauge to heat it is stiff. What could it be and is it going to be expensive to fix.

Sponsored Links

10-30-04, 04:29 PM   #2  
Step one call them and tell them you are calling the better business bureau(most likely won't work).Step 2 call the local magistrate or justice and ask if you can sue them in a local court for the fact you paid for a lack of repair.Step 3 if it were me I would get a sign saying what they did to your car and stand on a different piece of property other than theirs and display it and answer all questions to passers by so their freinds also know what the place is like.Make sure you have permission to stand on the other property.Step 4 advertise for them in the local paper I'm sure they have a columnist waiting for a bite like this.So call the local paper and see what happens.Keep us posted please.

Search this Thread