91 Sunbird Wont Start

Old 10-30-04, 10:24 PM
lwally
Visiting Guest
91 Sunbird Wont Start

I Have A 1991 Sunbird With The 2.0 Ohc Engine Tb Fuel Injection.

That Just Quit Running, I Do Not See Any Fuel Getting To The Cup Of The Tb Fuel Injectors, The Fuel Pump Works When I Jump It To The Battery, The Relay Clicks, I Have A Check Engine Light That Will Not Clear.

Sponsored Links
Old 10-31-04, 11:38 AM
Do you have spark?Remove the distributor and see if the rotor turns while cranking.Also see if you can get a noid light and see if you have injector pulse during cranking.Spray starting fluid in the throttle body and see if it fires and stalls.If it does that will verify spark and compression.

Old 10-31-04, 06:17 PM
lwally
Visiting Guest
Originally Posted by davo
Do you have spark?Remove the distributor and see if the rotor turns while cranking.Also see if you can get a noid light and see if you have injector pulse during cranking.Spray starting fluid in the throttle body and see if it fires and stalls.If it does that will verify spark and compression.
YES I DO HAVE SPARK IF YOU SPRAY CARB CLEANER OR GAS IN TB IT WILL RUN. WHERE CAN I GET THE NOID LIGHT.

Old 10-31-04, 06:40 PM
You can buy the noid light at most any parts store. You also need to check for fuel pressure at the throttle body because your losing either injecter pulse or fuel pressure. You need to find out if that fuel pump runs on it's own. It should run for 3-4 seconds with every key on cycle.