Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

92 Buick LaSabre

Visiting Guest

11-01-04, 10:57 AM   #1  
darleerit
92 Buick LaSabre

I got a 92 Buick Lasabre with 180,000 miles, front wheel drive, 3.8 ltr,automatic transmission with overdrive,air conditioning. My proplem is that when the outside temp is above 75 f and after driving for 20 to 30 minutes my car will start to hesitate when going up a hill or accelerating. If I continue to hold down the gas the car will lose speed it doesn't sputter it just acts as if its there is no gas flow. I was driving one day when the temp was above 75 and it was acting up but as soon as the outside temp dropped the car ran great. One day when it was hesitating I stopped the car for 5 min and the started it up and it drove fine for another 30 minutes. I took the car for a diagnostic but no codes showed up, the outside temp never got to 75 that day. At the shop they also checked the fuel pressure. I have also replaced the fuel filter. Any advice would be gratefully appriciated.

Sponsored Links

VA

11-01-04, 11:08 AM   #2  
the fuel pressure...

...ought to be tested while the problem is ocurring...also when they tested fuel pressure, did they test volume? they should have...

ps...a declining fuel pump can often times be zeroed in on by doing a fuel pump current waveform with a lab scope or a graphing multi-meter

Search this Thread