Keyless entry system Ford ExplorerXLT

Old 11-01-04, 08:27 PM
Pal67
Visiting Guest
Keyless entry system Ford ExplorerXLT

I have a 2000 explorer xlt. When I purchased the vehicle back last year the salesman did not know the keyless entry code. He said he would get the code either from the previous owner or the factory. After repeated calls to the salesman he still has not produced the code.According to the owners manual there should be a factory set code taped to the computer module. I am not sure where the computer module is located assuming the code is still attached to it? Also, is there any other place the code may be located on the vehicle? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Old 11-02-04, 05:01 AM
why not call...

...the general manager or owner of the business you bought it from...the salesman is a loser...and considering your patience...ask them if they can't get the code from the original sales invoice, then could one of their techs locate the module and get it that way, if possible.

i've looked on AllData and mitchell ondemand and neithere of them have reference to what you are saying. there are two modules involved with the control of keyless entry...the RAP module located in the LR quarter panel...and the GEM module located in the dash on the drivers side...along with others. personally...i'd hold their feet to the fire on this one...

Old 11-02-04, 06:45 AM
I'm not sure if this applies to your vehicle. But most keyless entry systems program the mainboard to accept the remote. If you buy a Ford remote perhaps you could program the mainboard it to accept it?

---------
Sorry, I just realized you were talking about the numeric keypad on the door. I was referring to keyless entry remotes. Please disregard this post.

Last edited by kuhurdler; 11-02-04 at 06:58 AM.
Old 11-02-04, 06:56 AM
not talking about the remote...

...he's referring to the keypad on the door...

Old 11-02-04, 01:06 PM
If I remember properly the code is on the module in the lr 1/4 panel.

Old 11-03-04, 02:50 AM
Pal67
Visiting Guest
Thanks for the advice guy's. I know the salesman no longer works @the dealership. I will try Management. Also, if the code is located in the lr 1/4 panel ,would I have to remove the 1/4 panel to see it? What would the module look like?

Old 11-03-04, 02:32 PM
You would need to remove the interior trim back there.It's a box with wires going to it.It's the only one in the panel.

Old 11-05-04, 07:14 PM
Pal67
Visiting Guest
You were right. The code is in the lr 1/4 panel.All I had to do was pop the cover off of the jack compartment,and shine a light on it. Thank you much.