Seat belt reminder light problem

Old 11-02-04, 09:10 PM
sschulte
Visiting Guest
Seat belt reminder light problem

I have a 2000 Chevy Prizm and the seat belt reminder light on the dash has recently started doing some weird stuff. Sometimes it contiuously flashes even if the seat belt is buckled or not. Sometimes it simply does not come on at all even when the car is first started. Has anyone had a problem like this or know what I might check to fix it. I did check the seatbelt buckle next to the center consel and it doesn't have any wires coming out of it. I can understand how this system know when your buckled up or not.

Any help would be appreciated
Thanks

Old 11-03-04, 03:18 PM
D
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Sounds like it could be either in the multifunction alarm module,the wiring or the seat belt retractor.I really would advise against you attempting to repair the system because the car has air bags and seat belt pretensioners.If you don't service it properly the restraint system could fail.Specific procedures must be followed to service those systems and only a vehicle specific factory service manual would cover them all.I suggest the dealer or a body shop that deals with air bags on a regular basis.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: