timing problem in 88 ford bronco 2

Old 11-04-04, 01:23 PM
thisbchris
Visiting Guest
Exclamation timing problem in 88 ford bronco 2

i have a timing problem. i cant figure out where the in line spout connector is in my wife's bronco. it says you have to disconnect it before setting the timing to 10 degrees before tdc. i was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction of where i can find it. any help would be much appreciated!!

Sponsored Links
Old 11-04-04, 03:10 PM
It's near the distributor and is a small square plug in the wiring harness.If the distributor has not been disturbed the timing should be right.What type of problem are you having?

Old 11-04-04, 05:54 PM
thisbchris
Visiting Guest
Red face

i had a blown head gasket and had to take the whole top end apart, when we put it back together, and read how to do the timing it said to warm up the engine, turn it off unplug the connector, and re-start the previously warmed engine, and adjust the timing to 10 degrees before tdc, well we tried without disconnecting it, and havent got the darn thing to run right ever since, please help!!!

Old 11-05-04, 04:04 AM
Explain what it's doing in more detail.Look for the inline spout near the distributor.Now the big one did you have the heads checked for cracks because those engines are famous for that.

Old 11-05-04, 04:13 AM
thisbchris
Visiting Guest
Unhappy

yea i had the heads checked for cracks and if they were warped. the right bank head was cracked and i got it replaced. the truck just doesnt run right, it is really slow when you accelerate, it takes about 5 minutes to reach 40 mph, and after about 10-15 minutes of running it idles down and the engine dies. if you let it set for about 10 minutes and start it back up it idles real high, and then runs for a while and does the same exact thing. my wife is pretty aggrivated at me so i would like toget this thing fixed as soon as possible. thanks for all the help!!