Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

gas tank

Visiting Guest

11-04-04, 04:57 PM   #1  
Rheitz
gas tank

I have a ''94'' For Ranger . I have a gas leak. I am Pretty sure it is the fill hoes to the tank. I reached up on the hose and at the 90 degree bend that goes into the tank I can feel a crack. Can I change this without dropping the tank? If I have to drop the tank ,how far can I drop it before I have to unhook lines. I know the fuel pump is inthe tank and that is one line and how are they connected?. thanks for any help-Ron When I fill the gas tank I find fuel on the ground, but I don't find any after some fuel is used up. In the mornings I don't find fuel on the garage floor. Yet it seems I use a lot of gas-Could the tank leak too? Thanks

Last edited by Rheitz; 11-04-04 at 05:02 PM. Reason: additional info

Sponsored Links

11-05-04, 04:18 AM   #2  
Yes the tank can leak and is more likely than the fill hose.I have never replaced a fill hose for leakage but many tanks.Usually you can lower a tank about 6" to remove the lines you just need to watch as you lower it.I suggest you run the tank down low before attempting to repair the problem.You also need to pinpoint your leak even if you need to have someone fill the truck while you are under it checking for the leak.

Search this Thread