Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

empty stereo slot, what can I put there?

Visiting Guest

11-04-04, 10:28 PM   #1  
jwater7
empty stereo slot, what can I put there?

Now that I put a new stereo in my vehicle, I've got an empty space where one of them used to be. Does anyone know of a place that sells the blank faceplates that I could put there to fill up the empty slot? Or a link to someone that has made one?

Thanks,
jwater7

Sponsored Links

NC

11-05-04, 02:59 PM   #2  
You need a stereo installation kit. Some kits are made to fit many different vehicles but sometimes, depending on what kind of vehicle you have, you need one that is made for your specific vehicle. They are available at walmart, some auto parts stores, circuit city, best buy or other places that sell car stereos. It's best to get one made for your specific make or model because the universal types don't always fit exactly right.

I reccommend you go to a store such as best buy and ask someone in the installation dept. to assist you in getting the right part.

see http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....&type=category

Visiting Guest

12-02-04, 10:47 PM   #3  
jwater7
I finally got around to investigating this a bit more..
It seems the slot can be filled with what they call a "Dash Pocket"
It took me forever to find that term. Now that I've got the verbage, I did a search on ebay and found a bunch for under $15. Pretty good. If (you) don't want to go with ebay, 50resto.com has one called a "utility compartment"

Anywho, I hope this might be some help to the next person that does a radio delete.

Cheers.

Search this Thread