Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Nissan Frontier Interior Dash Light Problem

Visiting Guest

11-07-04, 06:07 AM   #1  
farringd
Nissan Frontier Interior Dash Light Problem

I have a 2000 Nissan Frontier SE Crew Cab. Some times when I turn on my lights at night the interior dash lights will not come on. My head lights work but my dash lights do not. I had a pretty corroded battery that I thought was the culprit, but since replacing, it has not corrected the problem. The light switch is on the column but I have no clue how to track wires etc to see what connections might not be landed. Does anyone have an idea as to what the problem could be and where could I find some how too's to fix it?

Any help would be appreciated

farringd

Sponsored Links

NC

11-07-04, 08:42 AM   #2  
My guess is a bad dimmer switch (rheostat). Check for a loose connection there. Check the switch for voltage if the connection is good. You can also try moving this switch from low to high to see if you have an intermittant problem with the switch. That may or may not help if its a bad switch. Otherwise, you really need a wiring diagram for troubleshooting this.

Search this Thread