Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

98 durango windows

11-08-04, 12:30 PM   #1  
98 durango windows

sometimes the electric window on my durango sticks while up...if i just push down...it won't move...but if i push it up for a split sec. and then down...it will usually release...every once in awhile, i have to use the driver's side to get it down...and it sticks for a split sec. there too...is there a way to get the "stickiness" out?

Sponsored Links

11-08-04, 03:09 PM   #2  
Try beating on the door while holding the switch if it goes down then it is likely a bad motor.You could remove the door panel and check for power and ground at the motor during the failure also to confirm the motor,switch or wiring.

Admin, Forums Host & Manager

CAL

11-08-04, 05:03 PM   #3  
"My Two Cents"

Hello: nonhandy

Another possible cause is dry slider brackets and gearing, etc. Had the same problem on my Durango. Only much sooner than you. Dealers mechanic removed the inside door panel, made some adjustment to the scissor mechanism and lubed the moving parts. All is now fine.

The free play in the window, either up or down or side to side can be and must be removed by an adjustment they made. Mechanic used a black heavy duty sticky type spray lube to lube moving parts. Reinstalled the inside door panel and job done.

Under warranty too. I paid only the deductable and learned that trick of the trade. Might work for you as well. Worth a try.

Also try searching this forum. Lots of other previously asked questions with great info in them regarding power windows. Use the small search in the upper right hand corner in the forums list of question. Search located in the thin blue bar area. Not the big search one in the center banned. Enter key words >power windows<.

Web Site Host & Forums Monitor.

Personal Reminder:
Buckle Up & Drive Safely.
"The Life You Save, May Be Your Own."

Search this Thread