Little Or No Heat

Old 11-09-04, 09:35 PM
prinja
Visiting Guest
Angry Little Or No Heat

Hi you all,
I have a 1993 Dodge Caravan and my problem is this, most of the times I have little or no heat and once in a while I can feel some heat.
I have tried flushing the system, replacing the rad cap, there is no noticable leak. Any help is much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Old 11-10-04, 03:49 AM
have you tried replacing the thermostat if it has heat after sitting and idling for 20 -30 minutes it is likely a bad thermostat.
you can also check and see if both heater hoses are hot if only one is hot it could have a restricted heater core that may need replaced or sometimes they can be flushed out by specifically flushing the heater core itself.
it could also be a problem with the blend door not closing all the way which is allowing some of the air to bypass the heater core.

Old 11-15-04, 06:45 PM
oldmedic
Visiting Guest
Little or No Heat

My wife's MPV sudenly lost heat after a trip to the shop. Technician accidently closed the circulation valve. My Astro's valve was vacuum controlled. The Mazda manual valve is only on models with rear heater as a means to help flush air bubbles out of the rear core after scheduled flush and fills. The Astro valve was meant to reduce cabin heat during cold vent or AC operation. Hope this helps someone. oldmedic