Brake Line Ratings

Old 11-11-04, 11:27 PM
nosubstitute959
Visiting Guest
Brake Line Ratings

Hello,

I'm trying to find brake line ratings online by the amount of pressure they can withstand, but I can't seem to find any. Anyone has a link of some sort that I can look at, or out of experience, knows what the typical ratings are?

I'd appreciate it greatly.

Sponsored Links
Old 11-12-04, 05:52 AM
Group Moderator
I would think you are probably talking somewhere in the 1000-2000 psi range, but that's a wild guess. The brake HOSES would be somewhat less. I suspect that if you took a vehicle and intentionally pressured the system until failure the most likely things to go would be the wheel cylinder/caliper seals or the master cylinder followed by the brake hoses. The solid lines would be the strongest, but again, I'm really guessing here.

Old 11-12-04, 02:23 PM
I don't know of any sources for the requested info but why do you need it?

Old 11-15-04, 12:17 AM
nosubstitute959
Visiting Guest
Originally Posted by the_tow_guy
I would think you are probably talking somewhere in the 1000-2000 psi range, but that's a wild guess. The brake HOSES would be somewhat less. I suspect that if you took a vehicle and intentionally pressured the system until failure the most likely things to go would be the wheel cylinder/caliper seals or the master cylinder followed by the brake hoses. The solid lines would be the strongest, but again, I'm really guessing here.
Thanks for the help. I can work with that range.

Old 11-15-04, 12:19 AM
nosubstitute959
Visiting Guest
Originally Posted by davo
I don't know of any sources for the requested info but why do you need it?
I need it because I'm working on a project to build a mini-off road vehicle and I have to justify everything I do. I'm not experienced at all, so I've been reading about brake systems and trying to teach myself.........I just thought that brake lines would be rated by max pressure, but I guess it's more the type of braiding, material...etc.