Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Brake Line Ratings

Visiting Guest

11-11-04, 11:27 PM   #1  
nosubstitute959
Brake Line Ratings

Hello,

I'm trying to find brake line ratings online by the amount of pressure they can withstand, but I can't seem to find any. Anyone has a link of some sort that I can look at, or out of experience, knows what the typical ratings are?

I'd appreciate it greatly.

Sponsored Links
Group Moderator

FL

11-12-04, 05:52 AM   #2  
I would think you are probably talking somewhere in the 1000-2000 psi range, but that's a wild guess. The brake HOSES would be somewhat less. I suspect that if you took a vehicle and intentionally pressured the system until failure the most likely things to go would be the wheel cylinder/caliper seals or the master cylinder followed by the brake hoses. The solid lines would be the strongest, but again, I'm really guessing here.

11-12-04, 02:23 PM   #3  
I don't know of any sources for the requested info but why do you need it?

Visiting Guest

11-15-04, 12:17 AM   #4  
nosubstitute959
Posted By: the_tow_guy I would think you are probably talking somewhere in the 1000-2000 psi range, but that's a wild guess. The brake HOSES would be somewhat less. I suspect that if you took a vehicle and intentionally pressured the system until failure the most likely things to go would be the wheel cylinder/caliper seals or the master cylinder followed by the brake hoses. The solid lines would be the strongest, but again, I'm really guessing here.
Thanks for the help. I can work with that range.

Visiting Guest

11-15-04, 12:19 AM   #5  
nosubstitute959
Posted By: davo I don't know of any sources for the requested info but why do you need it?
I need it because I'm working on a project to build a mini-off road vehicle and I have to justify everything I do. I'm not experienced at all, so I've been reading about brake systems and trying to teach myself.........I just thought that brake lines would be rated by max pressure, but I guess it's more the type of braiding, material...etc.

Search this Thread