Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

90 Mercury sable

Visiting Guest

11-14-04, 07:07 AM   #1  
Id_do_anything
90 Mercury sable

I have a 1990 Merc. Sable. The windshield wipers stopped working and I took apart the motor to notice it had a short in the brushes. So, $65 later, I had a new motor and was happy. When I installed the motor, it did not work. What stumped me is, the windshield pump for the cleaner worked just fine, and it's on the same circuit. Could the old motor's short ruined some wiring? Could the switch be bad? And, if either one of these things are bad, how do I fix it? Thanks. Chris.

Sponsored Links

11-15-04, 02:46 PM   #2  
You need to check for power and ground at the motor connector in different switch positions.I think you may have a faulty multifunction switch which would require removing the steering wheel and special tools would be required.

Visiting Guest

11-15-04, 03:29 PM   #3  
Id_do_anything
Intrestingly enough, I took out the switched (i finally talked to a friend of mine at a Ford Dealer) and i took off the switch. Heh. The only 'spcial' tool i used was a star drive. Then again.. It might of been eaiser to take off the wheel.

11-16-04, 03:04 PM   #4  
Ok was the switch bad?Is the car fixed?

Search this Thread