Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

electronic climate a/c control

11-16-04, 06:39 PM   #1  
electronic climate a/c control

I have a 1997 Pontiac Bonneville sse 3.8L. I just replaced the heater core. This car has an electronic thermostat inside the car that controls the climate of the car. It is similar to a thermostat in a home a/c system. You just set the control to the temperature you want. The system will control the a/c and heater system automatically to keep the temperature you choose. After replacing the heater core I can't get the system to come on. Only the vent blows without heat or cool air. Does anybody know if there are a sequence of buttons on the control panel that I need to push in order to "reboot" the system. I have had a similar situation on my Plymouth G Voyager where I found out I needed to hold down the a/c and defrost button at the same time to restart the system.

Sponsored Links

11-17-04, 03:52 PM   #2  
Are you sure you have all the electrical connections plugged in?If so you can try pulling the hvac fuse for 30 seconds.You may have to repeat this several times.If it doesn't work the actuators may have lost "home" and will need recalibrated with a tech 2 scan tool.Make sure the rod is attached to the programmer also.It's the box you had out(little computer).

Search this Thread