Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Need Help from a Knowledgeable Mechanic

Visiting Guest

11-19-04, 11:20 PM   #1  
Willie516
Need Help from a Knowledgeable Mechanic

sorry if this is double-posted....
I have a 1993 Chevy Cavalier. It is an automatic 2.2L 4-cylinder. It was given to me not too long ago and I have since made several repairs on it. The car was Maryland-state inspected maybe a month ago or less. It ran well after the inspection for a while. However, one particular day, after it had already run for a short while, the car stalled. The car started again in neutral, but stalled again when put into drive. This repeated as a pattern, starting in neutral, but stalling when put into gear. I assume it's a problem with the transmission, it was suggested to be a "torque converter sensor"...but I don't know enough about it to agree with this. Can someone please give me a few suggestions as to the source of the problem as soon as they can? I would greatly appreciate it.

Sponsored Links

11-20-04, 05:10 AM   #2  
If it is the Torque converter soleniod your can disconnect it to see if the problem goes away.

It should be a square connector on the transaxle facing the front on the driverside.

Search this Thread