Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Why did it die?

Visiting Guest

11-21-04, 06:40 PM   #1  
JuJuBee79
Why did it die?

:?:
I dont understand it, but any ideas will be greatly appreciated. My car died on me Friday night turning into traffic. It was running fine then all of a sudden it just..stalled. I have checked for gas air and spark and was suprised to find no spark on any of my wires. I bought a new coil pack and module, stuck it in and still no spark. So now I am in the process of pulling out my crankshaft position sensor, I have fuel and air, Is there anything else it could be? I have heard of a no start condition if the M.A.P sensor goes. Is this true? I am hearing a little clicking when I turn the car off up top near the throttle body, Where my tps is located will a tps cause a no start condition? I Have searched the computer and no codes have been set all it shows is the 1...2 Diagnostic mode

My car is a 1990 3.1 Chevy Corsica. It has distributorless ignition

Sponsored Links

11-22-04, 04:13 PM   #2  
Chance are it's the crankshaft position sensor or the wiring to it.Be careful not to break it.Let me know if it breaks.

Visiting Guest

11-22-04, 04:30 PM   #3  
JuJuBee79
In the process

still in the process of that brittle sensor, Who would make one out of plastic? Real smart..give me an older car anyday.

Well I got it out thank you for your help the car starts great, It still has a rough idle any ideas the whole ignition system is new but i hear a putt in the tailpipe

Last edited by JuJuBee79; 11-22-04 at 07:00 PM. Reason: done

11-23-04, 01:44 PM   #4  
There are many things that could cause an idle mifire does it run rough while driving?

Search this Thread