Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Fuel Problems

Visiting Guest

11-23-04, 05:56 PM   #1  
cakeeaters77
Fuel Problems

I own a '94 Chevy Blazer S-10 with 141,000 miles. I have two questions. What is wrong with my fuel system? I have replaced my fuel filter and the EGR valve. The plugs, wires, and fuel injectors are fine. Sometimes the engine will choke and purge during normal driving(the tack jumps up and down.) and my engine hesitates when i let off the gas, and it sometimes stalls when i turn left. It never stalls when turning right, only left. Secondly, i would like to change my heater core. Where is the best place to get a manual on how to replace it? Thank you.

Sponsored Links

11-23-04, 07:49 PM   #2  
Im going to assume that it is the 4.3 "W" engine. The symptoms you describe sound like 1 of 3 problems:

1: Injector assembly is leaking....calls for replacement of assembly approx 450-500$ dealer, dont do it, replace only the regulator 40 dollars E-Bay.

2. Leaking fuel lines, 45-50 dollars dealer, replace anytime you have the plenum off.

3. Fuel pump going bad....put a guage on the schrader valve on top of the plenum, should be 58-63 pounds when engine is running, should not bleed off much when engine is off, 280-300 dealer part, cheaper at auto parts stores.

To check to see if the one of the first 2 is the is the problem, take off the top plenum and look for "washing" or a real clean plenum (should be black/sooty looking) if it is clean on the passenger side it is the regulator, clean on the drivers side it is the fuel lines)

www.sytyarchives.com has a good "how to" on heater cores.

Search this Thread