Replacing bumper

Old 11-22-04, 08:14 PM
IowaS10
Visiting Guest
Replacing bumper

I have a 2000 chevy s10, my bumper is bent out moderatly on the left and i found a replacement for about 150 bucks. I have never replaced one before, and was curious if anyone has any suggestions, or tips. Also, I have heard of faulty oil pumps in the s10 line. Are there any warning signs?
Thanks,
Steve

Old 11-24-04, 03:44 PM
D
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Bumpers are a bolt off and back on no secrets there,rust penetrant should help.I have never replaced an oil pump in an S or T series truck yet so I don't know where that's coming from.I work on a pile of Jimmy's in a week I see A.I.R pump problems during freezing weather,oil cooler lines leak adaptor seals fail but not 1 pump yet,maybe I'm lucky.

Old 11-25-04, 10:55 AM
IowaS10
Visiting Guest
Thanks....

I generally have a difficult time doing anything on a car really besides changing the oil and disc brakes. It's generally a lack of specialized tools, knowledge, or patience. That's why when i get it, I'm worried it's somthing that'll get the better of me. My friends grandpa owns classic car muesam and has 3 or 4 lifts in the back with all the phenmadic tools. He said to come over whenever, so hopefully I'll get some help from the guys that work there.

As far as the oil pump, my friend had a 94 Sonoma, and apparently is was a recall. His went out, but he realized it before it caused significant damage. You would think that they would have fixed that problem by now, but a guy in a class of mine has an 01' and said the same thing.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: