remote start

Old 11-25-04, 08:24 PM
alexguzu
Visiting Guest
Question remote start

I have a acura integra with a remote starter. The door lock/unlock remote button works, but the one to start the engine doesn't anything. How could I check the wires for this? Where do they usualy come from and where do they go?

thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 11-26-04, 12:41 AM
Does it have (should) a switch to disable the remote start under the dash. Check to make sure it is on.

Also it should have a hood pin switch to prevent it from working while the hood is open, check it by disconnecting the wire and keeping it away from ground (metal of body or frame)

Old 11-27-04, 11:46 PM
alexguzu
Visiting Guest
didn't find any

I looked under the dash and around under the hood, but I couldn't find any switch or pin. Do you have any idea where is the unit installed, maybe I can search the internet for troubleshooting that specific remote starter.
BTW the engine starts by key, but I have to unlock the doors by remote(in order to disable the kill switch)

Old 11-28-04, 12:05 AM
Did it ever work?

The module is usually under the leftside dash. You have to understand their is no set installation procedure, it's up to who ever installed it.

Just like you should have the switches I mentioned, but someone may have short cutted and didn't install them.