Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Power Window not working

Visiting Guest

11-26-04, 11:22 AM   #1  
ConfusedGuy
Power Window not working

About a year ago, the driver's window on my 1999 Chrysler Cirrus stopped going up and down. A few months later, it worked for about a week, then stopped working and hasn't worked since. I got a quote at over $250 to replace the window motor, which seems extremely excessive. I have gotten by without the window being able to go down for a while now, but was wondering what my options are (other than spending $250). A buddy told me to take the motor from one of the back windows and put it on the front, but I am unsure if that would work (the driver's side has controls for all four windows) or if it would fit.

Any thoughts and/or advise would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links

11-26-04, 03:05 PM   #2  
Where I looked the front and rear are the same on the same side and $110.If you replace it with a new one all 4 windows will work.

Visiting Guest

11-30-04, 11:44 AM   #3  
ConfusedGuy
Additional info

I should have mentioned that on the drivers side, I have access to all four windows from my door, and that the only one that will not go up and down is the drivers window. Also, I am in Canada, so I think you may be showing US prices as opposed to my Canadian pricing.

Search this Thread