Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

my 91 ford taurus 3.0 liter turns over wont start

Visiting Guest

11-29-04, 01:19 PM   #1  
SimonVallore
my 91 ford taurus 3.0 liter turns over wont start

my 91 ford taurus 3.0 liter turns over wont start so far ive sprayed starting fluid in it reset the fuel pump made sure it had fire ect ect but it still fails to start its not sputtering as if it was a timing belt tho ive heard some wont show any signs of the timing belt going up im open for any ideas and if any one knows the fireing order for this thing could they please post ....all help apreciated....

Sponsored Links

11-29-04, 02:16 PM   #2  
Check for spark on more than 1 plug wire,fuel pressure with a guage and injector pulse then post your findings.Those cars were bad for modules,coil and coil wires going bad.If you have sprayed starting fluid in the intake and it doesn't at least backfire I have a hard time believing you have spark.

Visiting Guest

11-30-04, 10:41 AM   #3  
SimonVallore
How do you check for injector pulse ???

11-30-04, 03:06 PM   #4  
You would need to remove an electrical connector from a fuel injector and place a noid light across the connector and crank the engine.If it blinks you have pulse if not you don't have pulse.I would check for spark and fuel pressure on that car first as it is easier.Remove the coil wire and see if it's corroded also.

Visiting Guest

12-01-04, 02:05 PM   #5  
SimonVallore
ok the coil is now replaced but i just checked for spark and im not getting any there is also minor surface rust in the distributor wierd

Search this Thread