Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

trailer wheel alignment

Visiting Guest

12-01-04, 11:49 PM   #1  
oblio
trailer wheel alignment

I have a 4 wheel inderpendant suspention trailer to carry equipment and I need to reset the alignment .What toe in and camber should I set the wheels to?

Sponsored Links

12-02-04, 04:19 PM   #2  
Wow, I've never seen a trailer with independent adjustable suspension. Well, the key to your question would be the amount of weight on it. Your going to have different alignment readings at every increment of load. The ideal goal would be to end up at "0" Camber and "0" Toe when loaded with a normal load. The big question is how much will it change when empty. The logical thing to do would be to align it loaded, if possible.

12-03-04, 03:15 AM   #3  
suggest you contact the manufacturer for specifications if possible or a shop that specializes in trailers may have the specifications.
trailers may be set alot differently than a vehicle, on a vehicle you want some positive camber as most roads are crowned. and I would imagine setting toe to zero would cause it to be towed out excessivly while driving down the road.

Search this Thread