Changing heater core on ford aerostar 1993

Old 12-04-04, 03:58 PM
Rebekah28
Visiting Guest
Changing heater core on ford aerostar 1993

Hello there to any good hearted people and happy holidays.
I am wondering if anyone out there has changed a heater core on a ford aerostar and if so is it very difficult or not so? Any tips or can anyone help me by describing where exactly do I find the heater core?
Thanks
Rebekah

Sponsored Links
Old 12-04-04, 05:51 PM
Although I haven't personally replaced an Aerostar heater core, if it's like most Fords you're in for a fun time.

Seriously though, it's located in the heater plenum (large, black, plastic box) under the dash and usually on the passenger side of the vehicle.

Best bet is the get yourself a Chilton or Haynes manual for your vehicle. About $15 at AutoZone or Pep Boys or the like. Also can be found at your local library if you're really lucky. Do some reading and get back to us with any other questions you might have.

HTH

Matt

Old 12-05-04, 08:07 AM
Rebekah28
Visiting Guest
Smile changing heater core on a ford aerostar 93

Hey, thanks Matt,
I put too much money into this van, my mechanic rubs his hands together when he sees me. I am determined to keep it running. It's got 195,000 miles on it and it runs great but now this smell of antifreeze comes out of the heating vents constantly, makes it impssible to drive unless the windows are open. I just have to get it to make 200,000 miles.
So I get the manual and then let the games begin... So do I have to jack the van up or do I work my way from the front under the hood?
Thanks

Old 12-05-04, 02:26 PM
No jacking should be involved. Access is from under the hood near the passenger side firewall and from under the passenger side dash IIRC.

Matt