Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Need help with vin#/Also Diagnostic for 1995 Toyota

Visiting Guest

12-06-04, 09:59 AM   #1  
kris886
Need help with vin#/Also Diagnostic for 1995 Toyota

I have a problem, I need some help.
My problem is that my wife bought a Toyota Rav 4 1995, when I saw it I looked for the vin# but it isn't in the dash on the drivers side. I looked in some other places but can't find it. It was a Japan made one because the steering wheel was on the passenger side and it was moved a few years ago. Is there any other hidden areas for the Vin#.

The other question I have is that I need a diagnostic code reader for this same vehicle, but I don't think OBD2 covers 1995 modiles, is there any readers out there I can use for 95 toyota rav4l.
Any help would be helpful Thanks.

Sponsored Links

12-06-04, 01:21 PM   #2  
We got the Rav in 1996 in the US.

If it's not OBD II try jumping out the check connector under the hood TE 1 and E 1. (the same as the timing check says to jump out on the label under the hood) and read the blinks of the check engine light.

The vin on ours can be found in front of the pass seat under a flap in the rug, look on both sides. Also the engine should have the vin and also the firewall.

Search this Thread