Looking for handtool....

Old 12-07-04, 05:12 PM
johnnynodough
Visiting Guest
Looking for handtool....

I have been looking for a screwdriver, phillips # 3 head with an 8 inch shaft (not overall length. So far I havent found it anywhere. Anyone know where I can get one? Snap On, Matco, Mac, Klien, SK, Craftsman, Husky, Stanley, and all lines of Cooper tools do not make it. Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 12-07-04, 05:29 PM
You could buy a #3 phillips socket and an 8 inch extension and use a ratchet in the drive needed or a palm ratchet which is almost a screwdriver handle.

Old 12-09-04, 08:27 PM
I have a Craftsman #3 with a 6" shank. I thought I saw a longer one at sears last night.

Old 12-30-04, 08:38 PM
tinker toys
Visiting Guest
special driver

Mac tools when you get a warentee driver replaced they just pull the old shaft out and reinstall a new shaft in the old handle. If you have a driver all ready made of the same type plastic as mack uses get a longer shaft or buy the longer driver and you need and cut to the size you want, heat and pinch the slip notches on the new section and put in the handle.
OR-- buy a longer sears or what ever make driver then make your own handle out of liquid plastic. Can probably use a baby hand mold kit from a crafts store and use that to make a handle mold and liquid plastic suplied for the handle..

Old 01-04-05, 08:35 AM
Group Moderator
I was in Menards last night and saw #3 phillips screwdrivers in 6, 12 & 16" length, ToolShop (in house) brand.